The UIDAI self-service update portal enables users to submit a request to update their Aadhaar profiles in three steps: Login with Aadhaar, Upload Documents and Select BPO Service Provider, according to its website. “Mobile number is mandatory to receive password for login,” the UIDAI portal added. This mobile number is the one registered at the time of applying for Aadhaar enrolment.
How to update Aadhaar card Online
Website link : www.uidai.gov.in
Documents required for Aadhaar Online
The documents required for address change include passport, bank statement/passbook, statement of post office account/passbook, ration card, voter ID, driving license, water bill and telephone landline bill, according to the UIDAI website. The bills for water, telephone and electricity must not be older than three months, it noted.
Some other eligible documents include government photo ID cards/service photo identity card issued by PSU, property tax receipt (not older than one year), credit card statement (not older than three months), insurance policy, pensioner card, income tax assessment order, vehicle registration certificate (RC) and registered sale/ lease/rent agreement.
- click on the ‘Update Aadhaar Details (Online)’
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on ‘Send OTP’. OTP is the one-time password the Aadhaar system sends on a user’s registered mobile number. If you need to change please verify the mobile number or email attached to this Aadhaar.
- Enter this OTP in the specified field and click on ‘Login’.
4. On the next page, select Name or Gender or DOB or Address or choose multiple from the list and proceed.
5. In the next screen fill your correct details to change. This form will change depend on the selection done in last step. Make sure all details are correct.
6. “Ensure that your information is transliterated correctly in the local language. The English spellings in the local language boxes may be modified to get the local language spelling correctly…,” according to the UIDAI self-service update portal.
7. Check the details thoroughly and proceed.
8. At this stage, the user is required to submit the valid document supporting the requested correction. Users are required to upload original scan copies of the valid documents. “Upload only the valid documents to avoid update request from rejection,” the UIDAI noted.
9. Select from the available service providers and proceed.
10. The system also displays estimated time required to process your request.
11. At the end of submission, a URN or Update Request Number is issued to track the status of application.
12. After this status changed (may take 2~3 weeks). You can have the print out or request for hard copy of the corrected Aadhaar card. Changes may be Rs 100/- or more.
for more details : link